Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson tribute t-shirt

As a tribute to the recently passed-away Michael Jackson, I created a simple t-shirt with an image of the King of Pop, together with the text "I'm sad". Just in case you missed it, it's a variation on the title of the famous song "Bad" ("I'm Bad, I'm Bad") and the typography was borrowed from the CD cover.

Bad taste to sell these shirts? I don't think so... For a Lady Diana, Nelson Mandela or Mother Teresa, I would have donated the money to an appropriate charity, but for one of the biggest money makers of the music industry, I don't see any reason for that.

Update: Xstreet removed my t-shirt: "It appears you're using anothers intellectual property without permission. Please remove "Michael Jackson" from your item listing". Strange... I still see a lot of other Michael Jackson t-shirts on Xstreet...

Update2: OK, now all the other Micheal Jackson shirts are removed from XStreet too... If you want one, it's still available in my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment